Visit Welcome Guide/Free for many activities, music, and farmers market schedules available throughout the Summer.
Telluride Golf Club
The Most Beautiful Course You’ll Ever Play!
The Telluride Golf Club features an 18-hole par-70, 6574 -yard course tucked within the highest concentration of 13,000 and 14,000-foot peaks in the United States. The natural beauty and splendor of the surrounding mountains and wildflowers will take your breath away as you tee off at 9,417 feet, an altitude that puts Telluride Golf Club amongst the highest golf courses in the world. The altitude works to your advantage as Telluride’s air creates less resistance against the golf ball during flight, translating to longer drives.
- Telluride Horseback Adventures – Ride with Roudy – If you’re staying in Telluride or Mountain Village, Telluride Horseback Adventures is Telluride’s most experienced and established horseback outfitter. Local cowboy, “Roudy Roudebush” has been taking people on trail rides for over 40 years. Trips are available from one to two-hour rides and customized pack trips can also be arranged. Call Roudy @ The Barn 970.728.9611.
- Circle K Ranch – Telluride’s epic landscape and the breathtaking San Juan Mountains are even more amazing on the back of a horse. The Telluride area has some great, dedicated equestrians and horse ranches that actively work to give their clients an authentic and freeing experience. While these outfitters do organize beginner groups, they also create custom itineraries and adventures for more experienced groups. The guides below are happy to create trips canter and move at your own pace. Call 1.800.477.6381 for more information.
Summer Guides at Telluride Outside
Welcome To Telluride recommends Telluride Outside for all your outdoor summer activities. Peter would be happy to assist with scheduling any activity with Telluride Outside.
- 4-WD Tours – Telluride Outside’s 4-WD Tours provides an unparalleled opportunity to experience Telluride’s fabulous high country while learning the history of one of the world’s most famous and notorious gold rush towns. (PIC)
- Fly Fishing – The San Miguel, Dolores, Uncompahgre and Gunnison are among the finest trout streams in the Rocky Mountains. Each offers unique fly fishing opportunities, from the San Miguel’s freestone pocket-water to the glassy runs of the Lower Dolores. Lakes, ponds and alpine creeks offer even more choices. The quality of our fly fishing is matched only by the beauty of our surroundings. (PIC)
- Paddle Boarding – Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP) offers a family-friendly mountain adventure that appeals equally to children and adults. Telluride is surrounded by ideal SUP destinations including Alta Lakes, Wild Boy Lake, Priest Lake, Trout Lake, Elk Pond, Down Valley Park and the San Miguel River.
- Whitewater Rafting – River Rafting is splashy, fast and fun. Telluride Outside offers terrific rafting for guests of any experience level anywhere from a half-day to 3-day trips. River running the San Miguel requires constant maneuvering and excellent teamwork. Trips fill up fast so we recommend booking in advance. (PIC)
The NEW Telluride Bike Park is a completely unique lift-served experience with a variety of interconnected trails (Freeride, Technical & Cross-Country), clinics, and guides for all abilities from never having ridden a mountain bike to expert level riders.
Delivery Mountain Bike, Paddle Board and 4×4 Rentals
Welcome To Telluride Guests receive a 20% discount if you pre-book or rent for multiple days. Use the code 20welcome20.
- Rent bikes from Yeti, Orbea, Giant, and Marin
- Renta a top of the line Jeep Rubicon, Toyota 4 Runner TRD Pro, or Jeep Wrangler AEV
- Telluride’s fastest-growing adventure sport! Let us deliver your fully inflated Sol Paddle Boards and safety equipment to your vacation rental.
- Discounts for Welcome To Telluride Guests. 20% discount for pre-booking and multi-day (2-day minimum)
- Free delivery for all rentals 2 days or more.
- All walk-in rentals discounts will be subject to availability.
- We are encouraging early booking and delivery for the safety of our customers and our anticipated volume.
- 560 Mountain Village Blvd. Stop by and check us out.
TelluRiders provides every caliber of rider, from the seasoned expert to the first time, with the tools they need for an unforgettable day on the trails.
When “Local Knowledge” is important! Telluride Mountain Guides, established in 1984, is the longest-standing guide service in Telluride, Colorado. Over the years, TMG has evolved into a team of dedicated professionals who are drawn to the awe-inspiring terrain surrounding the town. We live and breathe the San Juan Mountains. This intimate, local-based knowledge offers a unique portal for adventure.